Monday 1 December 2008

Fail day, success day


Well the weekend has been a totally driven all-out pen snapping kickupthearse-fest. I have written most of the first draft of my portfolio story and I will be finishing it today. Hopefully. However a series of FAILS is threatening to put a dampener on my day.

FAIL 1- Anja has gone off home for a wedding, and Clem has just gone off home, leaving me alone in the house for a couple of days with pets and occasionally visiting pieces of furniature for company. This is ok. BUT. I cannot have a shower at present as it seems the boiler has taken a decision to go from inexplicably working fine to just not working at all. Just for me.

FAIL2- I got a little package in the post this morning with an Australia stamp on it. Getting hugely excited, I ripped it open thinking 'yay it must be from Keir or my Uncle or someone from that hemisphere'.... but no. It was a stupid tiny packet of stupid dinosaur shaped sweets from the Natural Confectionary Company. The Australia stamp was dated dec 2006, which I suppose means that it is a joke about the 6 weeks it can take for free samples to drop through your door. Well, thanks a bundle Nat Con Co, you just ruined my day. And your sweets are bland tasting and gluey. I'm expecting far more important things in the post; a lonely planet guide to south australia, a winter feather duvet and a pair of fluffy frumpy frau pyjamas (thanks mum), and some jewellery making supplies so that I can afford to go home for xmas. Anyway, god how thoroughly boring. Sorry.



Oh, success came in the post too. The water bill has inexplicably been written off. We now owe them a grand total of £2.26. Which I can just about afford to pay right now. Huzzah!
x

No comments: